Monday 4 May 2020

Shiny new figures

Over the weekend I managed to finish off a number of figures, most of them intended for Mortal Gods.
Skeleton archers for the forces of Hades - when I get the Mythic supplement.

Two Athenians doing what Athenians do best - talking.
A Spartan camp - not sure what I'll use this for in the game, but it is very cool.


They do look very relaxed

'Bring out your dead!'

Mythical heroes! Atalanta, Heracles, Perseus and Medea
 I have a group of Black Tree figures that I am going to use for Jason and the Argonauts.
Not Mortal Gods - but the Orc cavalry finally arrive
The Orcs are the mantic resin Gore Riders. The resin is shit to glue together, and I had pretty much binned them as the heads were tiny compared to GW Orcs. But then I took a bit of time to reglue them and replace the heads with GW Orc heads. If you look closely the tiny hands and feet look absurd alongside the huge heads, but at gaming distance they actually look really good! The Orcs will really benefit from having a heavy cavalry unit.

I spent a bit of time gluing together Pike and shot figures last night. My biggest complaint about the Warlord Games sprues is the lack of hats and helmet options. As I'm looking at a 30 Years War imagi-nations setting, all those knitted Monmouth and Montero caps are a total waste of space. So I ended up sculpting hats out of green stuff. I've ordered metal pikemen for one of the regiments, as my helmet sculpting skills were woefully lacking. And what is the deal with only having two sets of arms for three pike figures? I hope Warlord think about re-engineering their pike and shot infantry sprues in the near future.
The green stuffed hats.
I plan to expand the armies for this project  - but I'll be using the Imperialist box for my infantry, not the generic one.

Now I need to finish Craig's Successors before his next project arrives - Wild West Exodus figures, which I'm quite looking forward to as something different.

Nate

8 comments:

  1. That's quite a selection of beautifully painted miniatures and the sculpting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. In close up they aren't fantastic, but at gaming distance those hats will do fine!

      Delete
  2. Nice work Nate ...the mythical Greeks are my favourites in this bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. Yes, I really like Atalanta in that bold yellow.

      Delete
  3. A very nice selection of figures Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And interesting mix of toys Nate... as always.

    Who made the skeletons?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aly. The skellies are the Wargames Atlantic plastics. Perfect for Mortal Gods.

      Delete