Saturday 16 May 2020

Church build continued

Further progress on the Spanish church, and the tall slim building for the town.
From the front

And the back
You might notice in the background is one of my completed buildings. I've been making sure that they can fit together with the new buildings in a town. To the right of this picture is the tavern, the bare bones of which are finished, but I've run out of tiling sheets, so it is a few steps behind.

The black on the church is not because it caught fire. I spray painted the interior of the tower and the windows black, as I won't be able to get a brush into those places.
After taking this photo I went back to the roof on the church tower and tried tidying it up.  It's definitely been the most challenging part of the build so far.
 Also on today's terrain building list was wallpapering my ruined 1/32 WWI house. I went online and found some Victorian wallpaper designs and chose one, which I then copy and pasted into publisher, making a full sheet of the pattern and printed it off.
You can see a few British Tommies in what remains of the structure. Three units of 6 figures can probably occupy this position. I will probably make a second one sometime in the future.

Craig's next box of toys to be painted arrived today, and I need to hurry up and get his Successors finished, so I'll try and finish the church and house tomorrow.

Nate

12 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, inside and outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking brilliant and I just love that wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. The wallpaper was a good move, it would have looked very bland otherwise.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Aaron. I'm looking forward to finishing them all and playing a siege scenario.

      Delete
  4. Wallpapering the ruined house provides a good visual treat. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collection of buildings are coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. If I can finish the painting today I'll do a parade of what I have so far.

      Delete