Friday 29 May 2020

Argonauts

Most of this week I spent painting 15mm Goums for Chris, but I also managed to finish off some heroes for Mortal Gods Mythic. These aren't the official figures, which are lovely, but some Black Tree Figures I had lying around. A bit of a different paint job and they became my Argonauts.
The Argonauts, with Hylas at the front

I painted this hero as an old guy, but I might do a bit of conversion work and turn him into Orpheus.

And this is Jason in his white cloak.
 I had some leftover transfers from the Successors so put them on some of the shields. Unfortunately, the Black Tree shields are pretty much oval, and the transfers didn't entirely fir, so they have been painted to take up the whole shield. One Argonaut group has their shields entirely painted - the ones with the tridents.

Supply dump
I also painted up this supply dump for Marlburian and 30 Years War games. Can never have enough terrain!

Nate

10 comments:

  1. More great work there Nate....your Argonauts are very nice indeed, and as you say, one can never have too much terrain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. Terrain may become more of a focus over the next year I think.

      Delete
  2. Superb Argonautes...and barrels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Nate, the transfers really lift the whole effect. I agree, there is never too much terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice, especially when the red contrasts the blue.

      Delete
  4. I take your last point. If only I had more storage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm constantly thinking about where I'm going to store things. Every year the hobby area gets a revamp as I have to find more places to tuck things!

      Delete
  5. Those look great, the supply dump is a nice addition.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Nate...
    The black armour certainly gives them a touch of Hollywood...
    Will you be adding a few Harryhausen style skeletons to fight them?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete