Friday 17 April 2020

Dwarves finished and ready for battle

Yes, with the addition of A Runesmith, Gyrocopter and a unit of Tunnellers, the Dwarves are complete. Built for 36 points in Dragon Rampant we'll see how they fare when I start playing with the rules a bit.
The Dwarven army in all of its glory - 7 units

The Runelord with his hand-painted banner

The hardy tunnellers

I love the candles on their helmets.

A crazy Dwarf in his Gyrocopter

Red, blue and yellow - the flying circus is in town!
 I'm going to give the Fantasy painting a rest for a while and head back to Ancients, although I have a dozen 54mm Great War figures that I want to complete first. I did, however, begin to get into another Fantasy army last night.

Nightmare time!

The blue regiment and red regiment - try to guess which is which.
 But I decided that I would come back to the Undead army at a later date. I have four Fantasy armies and my current goal is getting them on the table for a battle, which means time working on the rules..

Finally, because I was painting a banner for the Runesmith I thought I might retro my Ultramarines a bit more. So here's a Primarus Marine with a banner, as nature intended!
Much better with a banner
Nate

12 comments:

  1. Good to see the force together, I look forward to hearing about their first game...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. I hope to get them out there soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow, they look superb (love the Gyrocopter !), most impressive job and details Nate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Yes the gyrocopter is certainly a favourite.

      Delete
  3. Great work Nate - the hand painted banners are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I'm glad I got all of that practice in with the Marlburian flags.

      Delete
  4. That is a stunning Dwarf army Nate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Let's hope it stuns the enemy in its first game!

      Delete
  5. Super work, Nathan! Your banner on the marine is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I used a banner from the 1995 Ultramarines codex as a template - was it really 25 years ago?

      Delete
  6. Splendid toy Nate...
    The miners are probably my favourite...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. They have a cool special rule too!

      Delete