Wednesday 23 December 2015

Welcome home.

As a consequence of my disillusionment with the Force Awakens I began toying with the idea of moving on my rather large collection of Star Wars miniatures. When I mentioned it to John he said that he was interested, and I suggested a swap. In return for the Star Wars collection, I could have the Arab-Israeli, Crimean War and Great Northern War figures returned to their place of origin. He seemed to think that was fair, so in the last week this deal has been duly done. John dropped them all around today (minus the Arab-Israeli jets which I'll get later) and I felt I needed to take a few photos of my prodigal sons before they are returned to the cabinets.
From left to right: Great Northern War, Arab Israelis, Crimean War
The Great Northern War Pocket Project. This might be expanded in 2016 as I have a few extra regiments to paint
The Israeli army, originally built for the Yom Kippur War but kitted out to work for 1967 as well.
The Egyptians (UAR) which has the same back story.
The Crimean War pocket project. I may yet expand this a bit further as well - particularly artillery and cavalry
It is great to have these guys back. The latest Flames of War book for Fate of a Nation is on my shopping list, and expect a few battle reports in 2016 involving these chaps.

Nate

13 comments:

  1. Sounds a good deal? I'd love to see more GNW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with it. There's a lot of work in those three armies - it is good to have them back home.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that was a swap and a half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big chunks of collections moving between houses. All in a days work!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'll have to get them into a battle report soon.

      Delete
  4. That is an impressive collection Nate! These must have taken up a fair amount of your painting time at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe that I've painted so much stuff, yet have cabinets full of unpainted figures. This rights the balance a bit.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful swap, and very understandable considering I somewhat share your analysis of the latest movie. Although in my case I've retreated back to gaming the original trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I calm down I think that I might still do a bit of skirmish gaming in the Rebellion era - I still have some unmade Knight Models stormtroopers sitting there - like the battle I did earlier this month. But I'm much more likely to play a solo mini-campaign with the Crimean or GNW stuff.

      Delete
  6. I prefer your side of the swap, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathan, I am pleased to see that you are back with the GNW and Crimean War because they are projects I am interested in and reading your articles will give me focus!

    ReplyDelete