1. Fun. Even in the darkest films - Revenge of the Sith and Empire, there have been elements of fun. There's always chases, explosions and quips. I think everyone wants this.
2. A memorable moment. For me every film has at least one scene that stands out in my mind and is the first thing I think of when I recall them. For Empire it is Han Solo being frozen in carbonite. For Clones, it is Yoda duelling with Dooku. Give me more of these.
3. Han Solo. No, he's MY favourite character - you're not allowed to like him too! He is my favourite fictional personality of all time. Only Cyclops of the X-Men comes close, but there is still quite a distance between them. The trailer seems to indicate that he will have a big role in this film, and I couldn't be happier.
|'How come you don't have any grey in your fur Chewie?'|
5. Shattering the Expanded Universe. Aside from Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy, most of the post- RotJ expanded universe has been dreck. Bringing back Palpatine? Really? So that whole Anakin Skywalker saga - you know, his fall and redemption that the movies were supposed to be all about - was for nothing? The less said about the Yuzhaan Vong the better. If ever you could take a winning franchise and screw it up, it would not be George Lucas who did it, but the New Jedi Order books.
|'The stupid - it burns!'|
|'Don't hate on us because we got midichlorians and you don't, bitch!'|
8. A good baddie. Can Kylo Ren live up to the legacy of Darth Vader and Darth Sidious?
|Cowl. Check. Red lightsaber. Check. Masked visage. Check. First name is Darth... errr|
10. Jar Jar Binks.