Sunday 1 March 2020

Han Solo and Director Krennic(s)

So the last of the Rebels in my possession received his coat of paint, and I was going to celebrate with an army review, but then I went and ordered Leia, so I'll wait until she is finished before doing that.
Anyway, here is Han Solo:
Dressed in a duster coat as he was on Endor.

Han was always my favourite character, which is why I left him until last.

I followed Sorastro's idea of using washes to create the camouflage pattern

Try as I might, I just can't replicate Sorastro's way of highlighting shiny black, so the boots just got the standard German Grey with a black wash.
At the same time as Han I painted my Director Krennic, and Craig's version of the same.
Double the Krennic

Mine is on the left. The only real difference is the basing.
I still have a squad of Death troopers on the painting tray, but I'm going to leave them for a bit and try and paint all of my 54mm Great War figures. As I said last post, there are only 24 of them (plus two machine guns), and then back into the Imperials.

Nate

8 comments:

  1. I would have liked to see more of Krennic- good work on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks. Yes, he did a good job of being the bad guy in Rogue One.

      Delete
  2. You have done a stellar job on the faces of these figures Nate ....really looking forward to seeing how Princess Leia turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I'm looking forward to painting Leia again.

      Delete
  3. Great job, love the dynamic and splendid Han Solo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a great figure. Reminiscent of some Old West Cowboy.

      Delete
  4. Great job on Han, love that cammo pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. The camo pattern is so simple but really effective.

      Delete