Saturday 29 February 2020

Luke and the Wookies

It is somewhat exciting that I am only one figure away from completing my rebel force for Star Wars Legion. It has been a highly productive few weeks in that regards, and the small batches that I've painted in - usually 6-7 figures has made it feel like I'm continuously turning out painted figures.
Wookie Warriors completed
 
A close up of the leader

And the bow-caster

Luke Skywalker in fatigues, with my attempt at the blue glow from the lightsaber

Front on showing the lightsaber blade glow

View of the back

And a gamer's perspective. I feel like I may have overdone the blue light reflection, but the photos look OK.
Once again, Sorastro's painting tutorials were my guide. While I am not as patient as he is in building up layers etc, his overall directions, especially in terms of colour choice, have been very helpful.

With only Han Solo left to paint, I've decided to order Leia as well, just to have the main four characters of the original trilogy.

Once the rebels are complete I plan to finish off my 54mm Great War figures. There are 28 to paint all up, which isn't too many, and then into the Imperials (and Craig's Wookies). Once Star Wars Legion is finished it will be into the Ancients for my Roman and Gallic Rule Britannia armies, and to finish Craig's Seleucids. Then, if I have any time left at the end of the year, I plan to get stuck into the Marlburians.

Nate

8 comments:

  1. Wookiee are great, Nathan! The red tones to the fur looks perfect. Luke is equally well done but the Wookiee really pop. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. Yes, the Sorastro guide to painting the Wookies has seen me add wet blending to my repertoire, and it was very easy with these chaps.

      Delete
  2. Great work again Nate and I totally understand the advantages of painting small numbers of skirmish level figures, instead of the big battalions of Napoleonic era etc...that's why I enjoyed building up the gunfighter collection...I could paint one or two figures from start to finish every evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. Yes, I now have 12 54mm Brits on the Painting tray, which should also be relatively easy to churn out as they don't require any shading.

      Delete
  3. Excellent brushwork Nate. It must be great to have so very nearly finished a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray -and as of tonight, they are all done. Photos tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Looking good! Like you I found Sorastro's painting guides a real help. Looking forward to hearing how they get on in battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how his videos explain everything so clearly, and how there are optional little extras. I'll be taking some of his techniques into other projects, especially the Gallic Wars when I get there.

      Delete