Monday 21 January 2019

Getting windy

I finally bought the PDF of Paul Darnell's Touching History Volume 1: Spain. This is available through the Karwansary webstore, the same people who publish Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy. I'm really glad I got it, as it has given me plenty of ideas for further Spanish terrain for the WSS in Spain project. Having just consumed a tube of Pringles, I decided the time was right to build a Spanish Windmill.
The brick work didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.

The barrels are from the War of Spanish Succession artillery set.

I ended up using fly-screen mesh for the sails.

Really happy with how the tiled roof came out.

The Old Purples march past

During construction.
Battlefield set-up

Forgive the unpainted troops. It looks right at home on the table. The other Spanish buildings look a bit too white though...
I'm back to work today, but I have plans this year to put together a Spanish Church, a few pantiled walls, some destroyed Italian buildings for Cassino, and a Roman era farm complex for the Civil Wars using the same basic  construction techniques.

Nate

3 comments:

  1. Really nice looking terrain piece St - I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very distinctive terrain feature for the tabletop - looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Spanish Windmill is always useful on our tables, and this one is superb!

    ReplyDelete