Saturday 19 January 2019

Saturday update

Not much painting since Warmonger this week, too many distractions. I did manage to finish a couple of other models though:
A Khador Warjack becomes the first of Baron Death's Deathbots.

Two police officers from Wargames Factory's zombie survivors.

And Dr Hawke, the man who made Kangor, and gave himself giant wings.
Last week I also completed a couple of Dark Ages houses.


Need to paint some SAGA figures to go with them now. Speaking of which, Craig showed up with a 4 point Byzantine army that I bought off his son, and it is all ready to go.
Mounted figures

Spears

The army
Now I just need to buy another couple of units to bulk it out to 6 points. Speaking of which, the Normans are now all cleaned, pinned, and undercoated, ready for their paint this year.

There's a bit more stuff that I haven't put on the blog yet. I'm super-keen for Mortal Gods when it comes out, and received my bases from Sarissa Precision last weekend. I immediately painted a hoplite and prepared a test base.
Three of these triangle bases make up a unit

The decals are those supplied with the Warlord Games Ancient Hoplites and work really well

These Athenians will face the Spartans. I hope to have a couple of sides complete by the time the starter set arrives in March/April.
Along with the Chef, I prepared another villain for Captain Kiwi. This is the Ripper, possessed by the satanic spirit of the original.
Holding his bloody blade
On the painting tray are a dozen Anglo-Danish Hearthguard, 10 Mars Attacks Martians, and this guy:
Suggested colour schemes welcome
This is Doc Mercury. He's my good guy sorcerer, like Dr Strange, or Dr Fate complete with impractical cape. I would love it if people gave me some suggestions for what colours to paint him. The third eye has to be red - it's a long-term plot device - aside from that, everything is open.

Nate

4 comments:

  1. A very nice eclectic mix of figures Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dark age figures look rather splendid. Certainly a variety of figures displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really happy with the Byzantines. Hopefully the Anglo-Danish Hearthguard look good when complete too!

      Delete