Sunday 7 June 2020

First phase of commission complete

I'm pretty impressed with myself. I set this weekend as the due date to complete Craig's 15mm Flames of War Germans and I succeeded!
Support elements for the Heer forces that I completed a while back

Plenty of Panzerschreks in there.

The officers look suitably Teutonic

Those mortars are huge

And Germans aren't Germans without Hitler's buzzsaw.
Altogether 64 figures painted.
One of my students has a 3D printer, and he's been printing random things for my classroom this year. I asked him if he wanted to print me some triremes and I'd give him some money towards the plastic. The answer was yes and so far I've taken delivery of 12 triremes. Fantastic! I'm keen to get them painted up, so they are on the paint tray for tonight.
The other project that I'm working on right now is an upgraded cityscape for the Superheroes. I took advantage of Mighty Ape's Queen's Birthday Sale and now have a few TTCombat buildings to assemble. I also ordered an FLG City #1 mat to but it all on, but when it arrived I was really disappointed. The details were dark and blurry, not as crisp as they looked in the photo online. To their credit Mighty Ape have agreed to let me return it, so I can't complain at all about their customer service. As a result I cast around and discovered BattleKiwi's MDF urban boards. So I've ordered a 3' x 3' layout of them instead. Stay tuned, I aim to be playing a few Superhero games as soon as they are finished!

Nate

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful figures and units Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on these Whermacht troops Nate. I will be interested in your report on the triremes in due course....the 3D printer is going to be a great asset when they drop to the same sort of price range as a standard colour printer...and I am sure they will, even if it takes five years...that is how technology roles!

    ReplyDelete