Wednesday 18 January 2017

Seven Years War ready to go

On Monday I put the last bit of static grass on the last Seven Years War unit. I now have 2 equal armies available for battle - Austrians and Prussians. Originally I was going to use my own Neil Thomas derived rules, and played a couple of games with them last year. But over the break I had a good read of the Honours of War rules by Keith Flint, and I'm keen to give these a go and see how they play. Honours of War is one of the six games that I have chosen for the six by six playing challenge, so this will force me to learn the rules well.
Anyway, onto the armies:
Austrian infantry, generals, cuirassiers and dragoons.

Prussian infantry, generals, cuirassiers and dragoons.

Both sides artillery and Hussars
I owe Geoff a huge thank-you for providing the bulk of these armies for me. 

Last night I flipped through Charles Grant and Stuart Asquith's Wargames scenarios book thinking about six games that I can play as a mini-campaign. I have a few ideas of what I might do, so for the less superhero loving and more historical loving amongst you, that will be something to look forward to.

Nate

11 comments:

  1. Good sized SYW collection, Nate! Having played only a couple of HoW games myself, I look forward to following your six game HoW challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. They look like pretty straight-forward rules to use.

      Delete
  2. A very nice collection beautifully painted and based.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, most impressive job here, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking collection Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent stuff Nate. Looking forward to some battle photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, I love it when a plan comes together. Of ALL the periods you'll ever do, this one will never fail to enthral. It's simply one of the very best war game periods to do, and you've also chosen two of the best combatants to help that.

    I look forward to your reports.

    All the Best,

    James

    P.S. You can see some of my stuff in Keith's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. Your site is certainly an inspiration, and yes, the appeal of the seven years war is incredibly strong.

      Delete