Sunday 12 May 2019

This weeks painting


This week I got to celebrate the joy of painting the last figures I had for a particular army, the Great War British. Here they are:
The army all arrayed - 2 platoons infantry, mortars, Machine guns, artillery, 2 x Mark IVs and a Whippet
 And here are some close ups of the bits I finished this week:
Vickers HMGs
Stokes Mortars

Two 18 pounders

Command section with sniper team
I also painted these Luftwaffe troops for Craig:


I love the bluey-grey of the uniforms, and with those caps it felt like painting early WWI Austro-Hungarians. I think I've captured the rag-tag look of these guys who ended up thrown into the front line.

The coming week sees me painting another platoon of the Great War Germans; some WWII Soviet Scouts for Craig; and hopefully, Boba Fett.

Incidentally, on the left hand side of the page I've put up my project list for this and next year. It is to try to keep me on track over the next 19 months, barring occasional distractions as people send me other things to paint.

Nate

7 comments:

  1. Nathan, That is an impressive batch of figures to finish off in one week. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe not as impressive as you think, Jonathan. I just edited the post as it originally sounded like I'd painted all of the WWI in one week, whereas I just finished off the last couple of platoons!

      Delete
  2. Still a good output though Nate - don't sell yourself short! your project plan looks pretty ambitious but I am sure you will knock them all off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the biggies that will take a bit longer - the Ancients and the Marlburians, but nothing ventured...

      Delete
  3. Great work Nathan. I particulsrly like the British guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very productive they all look great!

    ReplyDelete