Sunday 18 March 2018

Bundeswehr is go!

So I've had my head down for a while trying to punch out Team Yankee forces for myself and Craig. but the first results are in and they are wunderbar!

The West Germans are my Team Yankee army. Ever since a kid growing up in the 80s I've had a weakness for Leopards, Gepards, Marders and Tornadoes (still to be bought unfortunately). And now here they are on the tabletop, 100 points of West German superiority preparing to blunt the Soviet invasion of 1985.

Anyway, enough talk - you want to see the models!
Compulsory family picture! Some of the Leopards don't want to be in the photo - just like all family portraits really.

My commander - leading the advance!

Leopard platoon - the most expensive tanks in Team Yankee. I can't wait to see if they are worth their price.

The infantry. A pitifully small group, but hopefully enough to have an influence

Gepards! And the PAHs. My box of Kamfgruppe Muller had no decals, so the helicopters are unadorned unfortunately.

Jaguars! I was a bit cold on these guys to begin with, but they really are great little models.

And the Luchs scout troop. At 100 points I can only take one of these, but I may eventually paint the other two when I get the Tornadoes and need to consider options.
With any luck, this time next week I'll have the last of Craig's Soviets finished and be able to put on another parade for you! I only have the heavy weapons team to paint, but this is still 54 figures, which is the equivalent of a DBA army. We'll see how we go...

Nate

14 comments:

  1. Very handsome West German strike force, Nathan! Looking forward to seeing a battle itch these troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan. I'm looking forward to their first hit out too.

      Delete
  2. Very, very impressive! The camo is particularly well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I have the cheapest airbrush money can buy, and I got it was given to me second hand - but it does a good enough job on these guys!

      Delete
  3. A very good looking force there. You are certainly getting through the units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my output has been quite pleasing lately. And these guys were fun to paint.

      Delete
  4. Impressive and great looking units!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab looking force it all looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. Hopefully they don't get too many smoke accessories.

      Delete
  6. I'm also a long time fan of the Leopard, the handsomest tank of the modern age and yours look great.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I don't know what it is about he Germans that they can design the coolest looking military vehicles in any era. Well, the Great War might be an exception...

      Delete