Sunday 30 June 2019

I've been painting, not posting

And even less gaming - nothing since the Pikeman's Lament game. It has been rather hectic this end of the second term, as it usually is. Nevertheless, painting has happened. All of the Great War Germans are now complete, and residing in Hastings with Craig.  Not the original plan, but I've made the decision that there will be no more 15mm for me. Figures will be 28mm or larger, and I will focus mostly on lower level games using, for the most part, the various iterations of the Lion Rampant system. With that in mind, here are the first figures for the Peninsular War using rebels and Patriots:
Voltigeurs - the only completed French unit at the moment.

60th Rifles - a bunch of Germans in the Royal North American Regiment of the British Army - what's not to love?

Light Infantry unit of the 88th Connaught Rangers. I probably had some relations in there somewhere.
When I play Rampant I don't for a second think of these forces as one figure represents one man. In my mind the scale is about 1:10, and these units represent a company (or for the French, half a company). This means that my planned armies are several companies of the 88th foot supported by a company of the 60th and a squadron of the 1st King's German Legion Hussars. Facing them will be several companies of the 18th Ligne supported by Dragoons - not too sure which regiment yet.

I've also put together the first few figures of Aussie Bushrangers. This is using the Legends of the Old West rules in an Aussie setting. For some reason I've always had a thing for this period - Ned Kelly has a lot to answer for.
The Bushrangers Osprey arrived the same day as the Rebels and Patriots rules. instant inspiration.
The unarmoured bush rangers

The Ryan brothers in their home-made armour

Close ups of the rest of the gang

All painted with base, wash and a few highlights here and there

Let's not forget that the second edition of Test of Honour is coming. I haven't even played the first edition yet, but I'm readying my forces, including this 4ground scenery which I bought on sale from Mighty Ape.
The whole farmstead

The forces of Yumisushi wonder whether the beef or the chicken would make a better dinner.

While these Tomuchisake warriors just want to go home for a drink.
The cavalry is painted (although the bases haven't been done), and came that way second hand. I just need to paint the infantry now. Some cherry blossom tress are now in order I feel.

Mortal Gods just released some Persian cards to celebrate 3000+ members of their facebook group, so I ordered some Crusader and Warlord Persians, which I'm keen to paint up as soon as they hit these shores.

I'm planning on continuing Grimgob's saga in the school holidays. That's only a week away, so this is enough of a post until then. I'm hoping that the rest of the figures for the bushrangers project will be complete by then.

Nate

5 comments:

  1. Nice collection of differing figures Nate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I'm looking forward to getting the different projects onto the table.

      Delete
  2. Amazing paint jobs as ever, Nate. Particularly fond of the Bushwackers and the samurai. Can't wait to see them all in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. I'm getting there slowly - but the next battle will probably be the next phase in Grimgob's campaign.

      Delete
  3. Nice work on them all. Sometimes you can't do everything!

    ReplyDelete