Friday 21 December 2018

Finally getting back to it

The last few weeks I've been doing a bit of extra contract work, so had to hang up my paintbrushes. I managed to get them out again at the beginning of this week and paint some figures for Craig so that I could get them to him before Xmas.
These are the Warlord Games Last Levy

Really characterful figures

Which I enjoyed painting a lot.

And some additional elements for the DBA Carthaginians so that he has some options.
I'm using more washes in my painting of 28s, and I've finally given up on eyes. I've started my Marlburian collection with eyes, so I'm not sure if I'll continue with them, but my ancients project next year is starting from scratch and will be effectively blind. I'm not too sure if my brushes are just not good enough or if my hand-eye co-ordination is going, but my last few attempts at painting eyes have given the goggle-eyed terrors to my troops.

Nate

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back at the painting desk! I still paint eyes on 28s because I like too. They look unfinished with at least attempting the eyes, to my eyes.

    Nice work on your commissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diversified and beautiful units!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back behind the brushes Nathan. I gave up on painting eyes 20 years ago, when I first needed glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mix of figures,I gave up on eyes long ago!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete