Saturday 25 April 2015

Scoobies and Boobies

First, a warning that the bottom of this post may not be suitable for work or for the prudish.
Now on to the pictures of the last dozen figures in the commission I've been working through. First up, the Scooby gang go all post-apocalyptic (well, not all - there was no Great Dane to paint):
Fred and Daphne.
Shaggy and Velma. Jinkies - look at that zombie for me to chainsaw up!
I'm not sure what this figure is. I went with angry street urchin or disgruntled orphan:
'What attitude?!'
I'm sure I've taught her at some stage.
Some great fantasy types up next:
'Chainmail bikini my ass! It's full plate or nothing!'
Now a Greek lady who is not planning on spending her entire life indoors working a loom. Let's hear it for the gyna-liberation movement:
She better watch out - she'll get a tan and then no-one will want to marry her!
I gave her an owl on her shield because surely any Greek Woman warrior worth her salt would be a devotee of Athena?
And finally some young ladies even less clad than the afore-shown hot hoplite:
'Has anybody seen who stole my clothes?'
So there we have it, another three dozen figures completed. But not to totally abandon my own (multiple) projects, I also painted up a couple of characters for Eagle Rampant:
Tribune Lucius Claudius Voracius about to claim the spoils of war somewhere in Gaul.
Still a little hazy after the early morning wake-up for the dawn ANZAC service today. A very impressive number of people attended today, more than I have ever seen there. I took my eldest daughter along too. In times to come she will be able to say that she was there, and I think that is important as she comes to realise the full gravity of the day.

Nate

17 comments:

  1. What an eclectic bunch of figures! I will never look at Velma the same again! Excellent work too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Best not to make eye contact when she's in a chainsaw kind of mood.

      Delete
  2. Superb bunch of figures. Thelma with a chainsaw! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic job on these figures, great details on the clothes...well, for those with clothes...excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. It's a bit embarassing staring at the details on the figures without clothes, so you've picked the right figures to praise!

      Delete
  4. Great work on these bu that disgruntled orphan is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Legatus. I hadn't realised until I took the photo just how maniacal her eyes are!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful! So full of character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Nate :)

    I painted up that Scooby gang for someone a year or two ago. They're great figures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I liked your take on Daphne's (Felicity's) bat and Velma (Louise) with her rose tinted glasses.

      Delete
  7. stunning work, that free hand shield is amazing imo. Lovely skins tones to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bradley, but I have to confess that the owl is a waterslide transfer from my plastic Warlord Hoplites box. Not to say I couldn't have painted it... if I wanted to...

      Delete
  8. Excellent work there all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting Nate, where did you get the naked ladies from???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. They are Hasslefree figures I believe.

      Delete