Wednesday 7 October 2015

Who's Who Wednesday

I'm busy painting Geoff's figures at the moment, which means nothing to blog about in the miniatures line for a while. So I'll do one of those rare comics posts. In fact, I'm thinking about making this a regular feature, if I can manage to sustain it past two posts.
I recently acquired the complete DC Who's Who from the 1980s. This was an attempt to do for DC what Marvel was doing with the Handbook to the Marvel Universe, which I still have as I collected it at the time (although Dan was in possession of it for a long time). Looking back through the pages, there are a number of characters that just make me giggle. Now I have to admit that I didn't really read DC comics in the 1980s - Justice League International for a short period - so apologies if I knock any memories that are near or dear to you, but looking back from 2015 I just can't believe that some of these guys were ever created.
Number One on the hit-list is this guy - Grimbor!
'And the safe word is...'
Occupation: Chainsman. Really? Forget 50 Shades of Grey - apparently you just need to read Superboy #221. And we all thought Wonder Woman's magic lasso was riding close to the edge.
Who will it be next time? I have my eye on a team entry that just makes me cringe...

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment