Tuesday 30 June 2015

Letting it all hang out

The latest unit to be finished for Eagle Rampant is the Gaestati. I've tried to put a bit of effort into the shield designs as patterned clothing wasn't really an issue when painting them.
For Gaul and nudist colonies everywhere!
'A strategically placed shield is so much more tasteful than the exhibitionist to my left... and right'
The first of these guys were painted before I received the Painting Wargaming Figures book, and as I want this project to be consistent with painting styles, I will continue to use the darker saddle brown base-coat for painting flesh. This is for all of the Gauls and the Romans too. Where I will use the guides in the book for this project is in painting the horses for the cavalry and for my colours such as red, blue and green.

On the painting tray right now are some Black Tree Dr Who figures for Geoff, some 15mm Afrika Korps HMGs for Terry and another unit of Gallic Warriors for myself. I'm just about to sort out the pins for the shields on the latter.

Nate

5 comments:

  1. Very nice work Nate. You could get yourself into trouble researching "paint schemes" for these guys online! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure 'nudes with long spears' wouldn't bring up anything dodgy in a search engine...

      Delete
  2. I was worried these might be for a secret project that Geoff had in mind!! Great work Nate, lovely shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this time Rodger, but expect a bit of Dr Who-ing in the near future.

      Delete
  3. Great work on the BTD figures. Handsome shield work and flesh.

    ReplyDelete